- NAMED FUNDS &
Named funds are established as endowments with gifts of at least $50,000. Awards are made from earnings off the principal.
For over a century, Northern Michigan University, has dedicated itself to providing the widest possible access to uncompromised excellence in education and student enrichment. As a result, NMU graduates have gone on to become leaders in the arts, the sciences, business and industry and to demonstrate a commitment to civic and global engagement and to the health and welfare of their neighbors and the world.
A key to this success has been the growing private support provided to students through scholarships.
Scholarships accomplish even more than providing significant financial aid. They also:
- Expand access to higher education and build on the university’s commitment to affordability and recognition of leadership and scholarship.
- Attract the best and the brightest students to NMU.
- Provide opportunities to support specific programs and areas of study and to honor friends, mentors and loved ones who have had an impact on their lives and careers.
- Furnish our students with donors who are models of leadership, generosity and profound dedication to the transformative power of higher education.
- Create an environment where the student’s main focus is on the pursuit of academic excellence and commitment to service.
To see what private-donor funded scholarships have been established, visit the Donor-Funded Scholarships site.